Gauss Law Firm- Denver Bankruptcy Lawyers
Means Testing Data and Forms
Almost all individual debtors filing for bankruptcy relief are required to complete a version of Bankruptcy Form 122. Official Form 122A-1 (Chapter 7 Statement of Your Current Monthly Income), and Official Form 122A-2 (Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation) (collectively the “122A Forms”) are designed for use in chapter 7 cases. Official Form 122C-1 (Statement of Your Current Monthly Income and Calculation of Commitment Period) and Official Form 122C-2 (Chapter 13 Calculation of Your Disposable Income) (collectively the “122C Forms”) are used in  chapter 13 cases. [The Official Bankruptcy Forms can be found on the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts Web site.]
Official Bankruptcy Forms - (Dec 15 Changes)

Debtors must enter income and expense information onto the appropriate form (i.e., the 122A Forms for chapter 7 or the 122C Forms for chapter 13) The debtors or their lawyer then make calculations using the information entered. Some of the information needed for these forms such as a debtor's current monthly income or mortgage payment, come from the debtor's own personal records. Other information needed to complete the forms comes from the Census Bureau and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

The following sources are the official providers of information needed for a bankruptcy case and the means test.

The State Median Family Income is the provided by the Census Bureau.

The National and Local Standards is provided by the IRS.